Programme Educational Objectives
1. To acquire the theoretical knowledge of Pharmaceutical Sciences
2.To acquire practical skills in
Isolation and identification of medicinal compounds from natural sources
Synthesis and analysis of medicinal compounds
Screening for their pharmacological activities
Formulation of pharmaceutical dosage forms and their evaluation
3. To demonstrate the leadership qualities and ethical attitude and engage in life-long learning
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Ability to acquire knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to demonstrate effective planning, develop and implement plans within time frame.
- Ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a task.
- Ability to understand and appreciate the role of pharmacist in healthcare services.
- Understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Ability to understand contemporary issues relating to pharmacy profession and challenges ahead.
- Awareness of ethical and professional responsibilities.
- Possess the necessary interpersonal and communication skills to be a productive member of the team in work environment.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools.
- A strong background and motivation to pursue life-long learning
Duration; 4 Years
Eligibility for B.Pharm Course:
- Pass in HSC/PDC/PUC/AISSC/HISC (10+2) or equivalent with individual pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany & Zoology (or) Mathematics both theory and practical with a minimum of 40% marks and with not less than 50% aggregate marks in the above subjects is mandatory.
- A pass in English with a minimum of 40% marks is mandatory for all categories.
Direct II Year B.Pharmacy course through Lateral Entry for D.Pharma holders:
- Should have aggregate of 50% marks in the first and second year D.Pharmacy examination with a pass in HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) or Mathematics.
- Minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 as per I year B.Pharmacy eligibility with a pass in two year D.Pharmacy course.